Brooklyn Tweed | KIRIGAMI
A beautiful geometric design graces the shoulders of this classic round yoke with sinuous lines and purled acorn caps at diminishing scale. Gentle waist shaping and carefully placed short rows ensure a comfortable fit, and a generous neckline adds to the comely, face-framing effect. This is a pullover to knit in your signature color, and Arbor’s nuanced palette offers ample selection.
Designed by Gudrun Johnston
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.
- 175 (1320, 1515, 1680, 1895, 2060) total yards of DK weight wool yarn
- 9 (10, 11, 12, 14, 15) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (100% American Targhee wool; 145 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Dorado
- 23 stitches & 34 rounds = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle, after blocking
- 27 stitches & 36 rounds = 4″ in pattern from Yoke Chart with Size A needle, after blocking
Note: Correct length of the one-piece yoke is dependent upon achieving the stated round gauge.
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One each 16″, 24″, and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (e.g., Sleeves).
Size B (for Neckband)
- One 16″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
- 33½ (37½, 41¾, 46, 50, 54¼)” [85 (95.5, 106, 117, 127, 138) cm] circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 1–3″ [2.5–7.5 cm]
- Sample shown is size 37½” [95.5 cm] with 5½” [14 cm] ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- German Twisted Cast On
- Short Rows: Sunday Method
- Kitchener Stitch (Grafting)