One Sweater In Store Knit-A-Long
If you’ve ever wanted to knit a jumper from the top down, now is your chance! In our KAL (‘knit-a-long’) style workshop, we’ll talk you through all the techniques you need to create a jumper that will fit you perfectly.
Our chosen sweater for the KAL is the gorgeous ‘One Sweater’ by The Fibre Co – it’s a guaranteed wardrobe staple for everyone! This classic, seamless raglan pullover can be knit in thirteen sizes, ensuring a perfect fit.
During the four sessions you will learn:
- Top-down construction, including a tubular cast-on for the yoke and dividing for the sleeves and body
- Short Rows
- Picking up and working the sleeves on DPNs or with magic loop
Spring Session dates:
- Sunday March 19. 11-2pm
- Monday April 6. 7-8pm
- Monday April 20. 7-8pm
- Monday May 4. 7-8pm
Between each session there will be some homework in order to prepare for the next step of the construction.
- Yarn: This will depend on whether you choose to knit the Worsted or DK version of the pattern.
- 476–1700 yards (436 –1600m) The Fibre Co. Cumbria, depending on size. (sample in photo uses Blencartha)
- The Fibre Co. Lore (100% lambswool, 250 m (273 yd) per 100 g hank) 2-8 skeins
- The Fibre Co. Luma (50% merino wool, 25% organic cotton, 15% linen, 10% silk, 125 m (137 yd) per 50 g hank) 3-17 skeins
- The Fibre Co. Arranmore Light (80% merino wool, 10% cashmere, 10% silk, 300 m (328 yd) per 100 g hank) 2-7 skeins
- The Fibre Co. Acadia (60% merino wool, 20% baby alpaca, 20% silk, 133 m (145 yd) per 50 g hank) 3-17 skeins
- Needles: 3.75 mm / US 5 32in (80cm) circular needles, 4 mm / US 6 32in (80cm) circular needles; DPNs in each size
- Stitch markers
Please note yarn and needles are not provided, so please ensure you bring them with you for the first session. You will be given a copy of the pattern. Feel free to come in store at any time to select or discuss your yarn for this project and work your gauge swatch. Students receive 10% off class materials.
- Knitting ability: You will need to know how to knit and purl
- Tutors: Amanda Jones and Aleks Byrd
- Price: £65, including pattern