Anna had a great time going through patterns on our weekly Instagram Live - here are some highlights.
Spot Sweater by Anne Ventzel
Uses cream DK and CC using 3 strands of silk mohair held together. You can fade the silk mohair in and out to make a beautiful colour fade.
For fade effect with mohair, gradually change the colours of the 3 strands of mohair while knitting starting off with 3 strands of one colour and gradually introducing a new colour in this sequence 2 stands colour 1 + 1 strand colour 2, 1 strand colour 1 + 2 strands of colour 2, 3 strands of colour 2 and then repeat again with the next set of colours.
- MC: Beacons with in Rigging with 3 strands of Isager silk mohair colour 19 (pink) or you could do 3 complimentary colours of mohair so you could start with a lighter colour like colour 64 (light orange) 3 strands and then after a few pattern repeats then do 2 strands colour 64 +1 strand colur 19 (pink) then switch to 1+2 and then start to bring in red 3rd colour to fade into at the end like a gradient
- Subtle combo MC: Leizu DK Sea Smoke CC:gradient effect with Isager mohair 44 (blue),66 (ice blue), 67 (sea green)
Wildflower by Tine Rousing
Colourwork pattern with contrast colour tassels added on afterwards
With this pattern you can use 2+ colours in total for the sweater. A nice pattern to use yarn in stash like leftovers for the contrast colours.
- MC: Jensen colour 100 (navy) + Spinni in 100 held together for background
- CC1 Spinni colour 44 (electric blue)
- CC2 Spinni colour 22 (yellow)
- CC3 Spinni colour 17 (pink)
- CC4 Spinni colour 11s (blue grey)
- CC5 Spinni colour 0 (white)
Anna’s fav combo
- MC: Jensen colour 4s (grey) + Spinni in 4s held together for background mohair colour 47 instead of spinni for softer feel or lighter grey for heathered effect colour 3s
- CC1 Spinni colour 61 (light pink)
- CC2 Spinni colour 16 (blue)
- CC3 Spinni colour 19 (coral pink)
- CC4 Spinni colour 40 (spring green)
- CC5 Spinni colour 46s (seafoam green)
Burgos by Rosa Pomar
Uses a sport weight + lace weight held together in matching colours or you can stripe- it’s a very versatile pattern
- Walcot Yarns Opus + Isager silk mohair Cranberry + colour 32
- Goldenrod + colour 22
- Cinnabar + colour 28 for a tonal heathered effect
- Julie Asselin Journey Sport Latte + colour 62 or colour 0 or E0
- Journey sport Fleur + colour 28
Trinigan by Andrea Mowry
Would Garthenor Beacons work?
Pattern calls for worsted weight while Beacons is a DK. Beacons will bloom with blocking. It would be very drapey might not have as much structure as using a worsted but do a gauge swatch to double check that you are happy with the fabric and play with needle size.
Sleeveless by Lone Kjeldsen
Lace + light 4ply held together = roughly a 4ply gauge
Show single yarn so only 1 strand
- Mondim colour 306
- Cumbria fingering colour Hollyberry
- Amble colour Catbells + Spinni 1s or Alpaca 1 colour 33
Cloudwatching by Susanne Sommer
This pattern uses purl brioche and garter stitch.
It uses 2 strands held together for the main body and sleeves and 1 strand for contrasts on the neck, cuffs and hem
Lace weight + fluff silk mohair together