Narbeth Cowl Kit
The striking weaving patterns of Wales and Estonia inspired this geometric design, which is named after a village in Wales filled with treasured woven textiles in antiques shops. It’s perfect for knitting a modern piece in bold colours, or going for a more subtle effect.
- This cowl is knit in the round to make a tube with the ends grafted together.
- It begins with a provisional cast-on such as a crochet cast-on method with waste yarn.
- Lock floats in sections where there are more than 7 stitches of one colour. This is done by crossing the floating yarn colour over the yarn used for knitting the next stitch.
- The provisional cast-on in waste yarn is carefully undone to place the live stitches onto a second set of needles for grafting using the Kitchener stitch method.
Kit contains 2 skeins of Walcot Yarns Opus + the pattern.
Walcot Yarns Opus (Sport; 70% Falkland Merino;
30% baby alpaca, 325 m / 355 yd per 100g)
MC (Charcoal): 1 skein
CC: (Splashed White): 1 skein
16 sts x 13 rounds = 5 cm / 2” in pattern stitch after blocking
› 15 cm / 6” wide
› 125.75 cm / 49.5” long
Needles (not included in kit):
- 3mm (US2.5) 40 cm/16” circular needles x 2
- needles are available here
Notions (not included in kit):
- Tapestry needle
- Waste yarn
- Crochet hook
- Stitch marker