The super cute yarn loving penguin, Pengwyn the Penguin is a quick knit and wonderful small winter companion.
This listing is for a printed copy of the pattern which includes a Ravelry download code, you can purchase a full kit here.
- Yarn is held double throughout.
- The body is knit in one piece in the round.
- The body is stuffed before closing and finishing. The white chest is knit as a separate flat piece and sewn onto the body.
- The body is closed fully once eyes and beak have been attached and secured.
- The feet, wings and beak are knit separately and sewn onto the body.
- There are three hat options: solid color, striped and stranded colorwork.
Skill level: Advanced beginner; comfortable knitting in the round.
Height 6” / 15.25 cm
Circumference: 13” / 33 cm
John Arbon Textiles Knit by Numbers DK (100% Falkland Merino, 273 yds /250 m - 100g)
MC (Black)- KBN01: 1 skein
White - KBN55: 1 skein
John Arbon Textiles Knit by Numbers DK mini
(100% Falkland Merino, 68 yds /62 m - 25g)
Orange- KBN13: 1 skein
Blue- KBN84: 1 skein
10mm Plastic Safety Eyes (2) or alternatively 10mm buttons
Stuffing approx. 30g
Knitting in the round
Knitting with two colors at a time (optional for creating striped or stranded colourwork hat options)
Seaming with Whip Stitch
Knitting flat pieces