Join us for Knitting 101: Techniques Untangled, your passport to becoming a better knitter! Whether you’re just beginning at the craft, want to polish up your skills or try out a new technique, these eight one-hour classes are just the ticket.
This is a series of 8 short online classes that you can watch again and again at your own pace on techniques we get asked about frequently.
When you purchase this series, you'll receive an email with a link to all 8 exclusive private videos hosted on YouTube.
- Get to Grips with Cables: Cables look fantastic on any project. And the good news is creating cables is easier than you think!
- Reading Patterns and Charts: To the novice knitter, patterns and charts can often seem intimidating with unfamiliar terms, abbreviations and symbols – but if you want to take your knitting to the next level, knowing your M1 from your k2tog is essential!
- The Importance of Swatching: Swatches are essential if you want to get your projects perfect. And, it’s time to confess… we know we should swatch, but how many of us actually do?
- Magic Loop: Learn about this popular technique and see for yourself just how simple it is to knit in the round using circular needles. Once you know how, you’ll never go back!
- Blocking with Confidence: Whether you’re knitting small or large projects, blocking can transform them, showing off the pattern, detail, texture and shape to its full potential.
- Try Continental Knitting: This method is knitting with yarn held in the left hand. If you have always wanted to give this method a go but didn’t know where to start, here is your chance to learn!
- Increasing and Decreasing: There are many ways to shape your work with decreases and increases. Learn some common increases including M1L and M1R, as well as ssk and k2tog decreases.
- Fixing Mistakes: Dropped a stitch? Lost your place? Got three too many stitches and can’t work out why? Don’t despair! We will go through some common knitting mistakes and how to fix them.